Week of 2/18/2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 2/18/13
8.15 miles in 1:24:04/Split 10:18
Great Aloha Run. My time was 8 minutes slower than the I last ran GAR in 2009 (older, heavier, less fitness). My wife was walking with my son in a stroller & I started with them way, way back in the pack (I saw a sign that said "Estimated Finish Time 3:30-4:00").

I spent the first 3 miles weaving around strollers, walkers & slower runners. I expended a lot of energy, early on (a lot of accelerating & braking). When the crowd finally thinned out during mile 3, I eased up and settled into a slower-than-normal pace. I haven't run 8 miles in over a year so I just wanted to make sure I would finish.

Finally, during mile 8, I picked up the pace & ran hard to the finish. Next year I'll have to abandon the wife and move up in the starting corral (to lessen the human obstacle course at the start!). Honey...just kidding :-\


2/20/13
5 miles in 53:30/Split 10:39
Moanalua Valley. This was suppose to be an easy, recovery type run. For some reason, I decided to turn on Ala Iolani St and climb the hill, then on to Ala Lani for additional climbing. There were also 25 mph winds that always seemed to be against me. Felt some pain on the inside of my left knee...need a little rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment