Week of 6/4/2012

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 6/5/12
3.4 miles in 34:06/Split 10:01
Kamehameha Park. First time running in my new shoes...old NB 1064's...12.1 ounces...new NB 730's...7.3 ounces. These shoes feel super light! My Nike+ sensor was way off...said I ran 4 miles when the actual distance was approx. 3.4 miles. The shoes don't have an insert so I tried running without socks...got a pebble in my shoe (is that a song?) and it really irritated the ball of my foot.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic 6/8/12
4.5 miles in 45:41/Split 10:09
Farrington High Track. I didn't even now Farrington H.S. had a track until I noticed it on Google Maps. The track isn't very well kept with grass and rocks around the oval. I wore socks this time so the pebbles & dirt, that made their way into my shoes, didn't bother me. Recalibrated my Nike+ sensor and tested it so all's well with the world.


6/8/12
6 miles in 1:01:38/Split 10:16
Ala Moana Beach Park. I wanted to run 4 miles but felt so good I extended to 6 miles. I really have to concentrate on my midfoot strike. With my minimalist shoes, if I heel strike I will get pain in my heel...duh! Also, with less heel cushioning my Achilles tendon is having to stretch more...so sore!


No comments:

Post a Comment