Week of 7/5/2010



7/5/10
2.5 miles in 24:16/Split 9:42
Ala Moana Beach Park (See above video). This is my favorite place to run. There's plenty of runners plus Magic Island! Wanted to go 3 miles but died after the 2nd mile. I struggled to finish that last half-mile.


7/7/10
3 miles in 29:03/Split 9:42
Pearl City Bike Path. It was hot and humid. Felt like someone was sitting on my chest for the first mile. Felt better after that.

Am I really that stupid?

1 - I was sitting in my car, at a park, resting after my 3 mile run.
2 - A homeless woman comes up to me and asks to use my cellphone. I say
     sure.
3 - She asks me to give her a ride. I say sure.
4 - She asks me for $10. I drive to an atm and give her the $20 I withdraw.
5 - She asks me if we can go back, to the park, so she can freshen up in the
     bathroom. I say sure.
6 - She asks me to pick up her gay friend a couple of miles away. I say sure.
7 - She asks if I could drop them off at some bar. I say sure.

I was just trying to be nice but....


7/9/10
4 miles in 39:31/Split 9:52
Pearl City Bike Path. Avoided my usual starting point, at Neal Blaisdell Park, and parked at Best Buy (to avoid another possible encounter with the homeless woman). Meant to go 4 miles at the most (long run) but didn’t turn around until the 2.5 miles point (5 miles? What was I thinking!). I ran the first 2 miles too fast so I struggled just to finish 4 miles (which meant a 1 mile walk back to my car).

No comments:

Post a Comment